I noticed awhile ago while browsing through my blog that I have not been actually posting anything relevant to what is going on with my life or what not. I figured my blog has taken it’s “serious side” lately and I actually think it’s good (or not). I cannot think of anything to blog about and even if I might have any idea what to write I am not quite motivated enough to write anything. In short, I am just freaking lazy these days. I am pretty sure I have mentioned enough about the weather already so yeah, that won’t do either.
If you are one of those who even bothered or cared about reading my profile here in my blog, rest assured that I am not a lunatic. Since my blog is actually losing it’s “humor” what better time it is to write about my “stupidity?” Right?
Everybody knows that I don’t drive. It is not a SHOCKER so please save yourself from having a heart attack. I either take the bus or subway train every single day to work or anywhere around the city. Riding the bus or subway train don’t really bother me what pisses me off is when people tend to be so nosy that they need for me to explain to them why I am not a “driver” nor own a car. To me, that is not your business! But holy mother of goose! Some people don’t get it!
Anyway, this one happened to me a year ago or so. I just got out of the train on a typical Monday morning…busy, crowded and people are just going about their business. I on the other hand were on my way out of the Blue Line Monroe station when suddenly an old man just cut me off from my line, then stood in front of me…on the escalator and I just ignored him. Well, that was my plan anyway: TO IGNORE HIM. Pow! That was a HUGE mistake on my part. You see, after a few seconds standing behind him on the escalator he just totally passed out gas…as in he FARTED on my face! Not once but TWICE! I guess I was so shocked that it left me speechless! I could not utter a single word or react to what just happened! I mean, what can I say when someone just farted on my face? Twice! Besides, how can I be rude to a senior citizen anyway? Yelling to everyone behind me that I just got farted on would be another mistake! Some might think I am delusional but am not! It was stupid and yucky!
When I told my friends what happened to me they just started laughing their a** off! Ha ha ha! Bulls eye! And yes, I forgot to mention that it was very, very stinky!
Whew! I’ve been looking for my winter boots since last night. I pleaded to my younger brother to help me look for my lost boots. I wouldn’t be spending 2 hours searching for my boots if I can just remember where I’ve kept them. I knew that I always put them somewhere in my closet and yes, my closet is not big enough. I don’t really own a huge amount of clothes and honestly, my entire wardrobe need a make-over. I haven’t really got the time to sort all of my clothes and my summer clothes are still in my dirty laundry. Can you believe how disorganize I am? Better believe it dude. I know am sorry but I am not really sorry, ya know. In the back of my mind, I know where I usually keep my belongings and “abubot”. If I live alone, I wouldn’t be this dis-organize but anyway I don’t really want to blame my siblings although yeah, they are guilty. Did I just contradict myself….again? Hmmm…well…kinda.
After cooking Korean noodle/ramen or whatever you may wanna call it, I went downstairs and started looking for my lost boots. While searching for my boots, I glance on the other corner and found out that I have some dirty bedsheets that needs to be wash. It doesn’t take much time to do laundry (I just hate folding clothes, honestly!) so I let the washing machine do the work. I am such a genius, right? Right, so back to my booties. I am not aware how many pair of shoes I have but mostly I like wearing rubber shoes. I don’t buy expensive-brand-name-shoes since they are too expensive but when I do, I buy them on sale. Hell! I am not gonna buy something that’s way out of my budget!
Today is probably my lucky day because I didn’t spend hours and hours looking for my boots. I found them in less than 20 minutes which is by the way, a record holder for me. Hahaha! Great! Oh look, I also found my sister’s Ugg boots (Whoa! didn’t know that she got an Ugg booty! Should I try it on or loan it from her? Now that’s a thought…). Enough of that, I am going out later with my sister so hopefully we’ll be able to take some cool snapshots.
Oh by the way, I almost forgot about my laundry….
I feel like a stupid idiot right now. I am still sick and my cold won’t go away. I think it has gotten worse after I took a shower yesterday afternoon. I don’t think it’s my fault. Was I wrong to take a shower and smell nice? I thought not! I just can’t stand myself especially when I stink and smell funky. I know I am somewhat twisted but who cares really? I am just a little bit annoyed right now because I am still sick and I can’t do nothing about it.
Actually, I know I can do something about it. I read in a Japanese manga magazine ‘Shojo Beat’ that Shoga-yu helps remedy the early stages of a cold. For the heck of it, I might just as well include all the ingredients and “how to” make Shoga-yu.
1 cup boiling water
3 thin slices fresh ginger
Juice of 1/4 lemon, strained
1 teaspoon honey
Bring one cup of water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel and slice ginger and place in a mug. Pour heated water over ginger and allow to steep for three minutes. When beverage reaches a drinkable temperature, stir in lemon juice and honey. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Pretty easy! I did this last night but I think I forgot to put lemon so when I took a sip, it was a bit odd. Never mind, I will try this one again later tonight. Well, we had our first snowstorm here in Chicago and it snowed overnight. I can absolutely see the evidence outside. My brother is sooo not gonna like it when he wakes up and find out that he’s gonna plow a ton of snow! We also had another “first” snowstorm on Saturday but it was a mix of wet snow and rain so the snow didn’t really stick on the ground. I might go out today with my sister and pose for some quick snapshots outside. I have to update my pictures on Friendster. I rarely check my Friendster account and Flicker so I don’t know. I guess I am just tired seeing all my old pics posted there.
Well, I better go back to bed first 🙂 I am such a knucklehead *lol* Only me who can laugh at my stupid jokes…pffffttt!
- I woke up @ 8:00 am today with a runny nose and a nasty headache.
- I thought of going back to sleep again but I figured, I just need a shower and my headache will just go away.
- Of course, it didn’t so I just brewed coffee instead, sat on the couch, watch the news hoping some thing might enlighten me.
- Nah, I can’t understand what they were talking about. I found out that it’s gonna be chilly and windy outside.
- I left my coffee on the table and am not sure if my dog sipped a bit of it. I don’t care. My headache won’t go away.
- I went back on the kitchen, toast a half slice of Cinnamon bagel, put a little bit of hazelnut cream cheese, took a bite and I feel so sick to my stomach. I left my bagel on the table and decided to take a nap.
- I can’t sleep, bored, and I feel totally useless.
- I looked around my bedroom and every thing is a mess! Books, magazines, pens, bottled water, a roll of tissue paper, cd’s and other paraphernalia scattered all over my room! Sh*t! I have to get up and clean my room.
- While cleaning my room, I realized that I got a ton of dirty laundry, too. So, I started sorting my clothes and do my laundry.
- Down in the basement, I found my Dad and brother cleaning the basement and me being such a nice person (pfffftt!) decided to help them a little bit.
- While cleaning, I started sneezing and I felt so dizzy. I thought I might faint so I went back upstairs and took a sip of cold coffee. I was about to turn my back and check what’s going on the basement but in the blink of an eye I also realize that I have to cook.
- I don’t wanna cook and I don’t feel like cooking but I really have to cook. I forgot about the frozen turkey that I left on a huge “palanggana” to thaw.
- I finally decided that roast turkey is good enough for dinner. I don’t usually cook something like this on a daily basis because it take so much work and besides, turkey is a bit expensive but a bit cheaper since it’s holiday season.
- After preparing all the necessary ingredients, I noticed that I hadn’t turned on the radio. I didn’t like the song they were playing on the radio so I turned the radio off. After a few seconds, I turned the radio back on and clicked on the “play cd” button. Oh my gosh! Backstreet Boys! Hahaha!
- I totally and absolutely forgot that I own a Backstreet Boys cd and yes, I loved them back in the early 90s and early 2000s. Whew! Tempus fugit! Brings back memories, ya know! What the heck! Last thing I knew, I was dancing to the tune of “I Want It That Way” and “Get Another Girlfriend.”
- While dancing and checkin out my dance moves in the mirror, I once again realized that I no longer possessed my own “unique-cool-uber funky-dance moves.” Heck! I also realized that I gained another stupid pound! Grrr! What to do, what to do?
- Now that I just finished eating dinner with my uber so dysfunctional family, an idea came to my mind: I will stop eating chocolates for a whole month!
- Nice thought, you think? No!!!! I don’t think I can! What am gonna do with 2 jumbo Cadbury chocolate bars that my friend gave me? Do I have to throw it away? Of course not!
- After so much musings, whining, and ranting to myself, I once again realized that I forgot to take medicine for my headache. I forgot about my earlier bout of sneezing and I now once again sneezing non-stop. I can feel my head ache truly aches and oh my goodness…I am beat!
Guess, I better lie down and sleep. I am sick and I don’t feel like doing anything but….I am absolutely bored! I just hope that I’ll feel a little bit better tomorrow morning. Oh well, whatever.
Traveling on a train last night from work, I had some sort of a very funny moment. Rush hour @ 5:30 pm usually brings out a crowd of people. I don’t mind using public transportation since I don’t drive a car. Riding buses and subway trains are way much cheaper than purchasing gasoline almost every week. Besides, I like observing people. I know am weird but I find it really fascinating to watch people go about with their lives and yeah, kinda stressful too (sometimes). Anyway, there’s a bunch of construction projects going on the Brown Line train station so I’ll never really know when those “quirky, silly, sometimes-humor-me-situation happen. I may sound whiny but hey, I am just human and I have feelings too (lol* that was unnecessary!). Hmm, well what can I say? Living here in the States taught me a lot of things about people, places, cultures and yes, Chicago is the best city in the world (yeah! Go Bears!).
On a frequent train ride, I would just usually ignore people, read a book and listen to my teeny-weeny “cell radio”. I love listening to B96 btw and DJ Flipside’s 5 pm Live Mix show surely rocks! Anyway, I don’t really like it when people talk so loud on their cellphone….ya know enough for everyone to hear their “private” conversations. There’s this guy behind me who keeps on blabbing nonstop about his sexcapades with god-knows-who and I just totally felt uncomfortable. I can’t help myself but listen because even though my headphones were totally blastin’ my ears, I could still hear the dude behind me. I know it’s rude for me to tell him to shut up so I just tried my best to ignore this puckwit.
But of course, I couldn’t! I can’t even concentrate on the book that I was reading. The hell with it! Suddenly, I heard the conductor announcing something and yeah, I really had to listen carefully and I got a little bit confused ‘coz I thought I heard him say the words “contraption and surgery.” And I was like, okay…what’s going on? Though I know that I am a little bit pissed with the dude behind me but I just have to confirm what I heard and so I asked him, “What did he say? I thought I heard him say “contraption” and “surgery”. The dude replied, “That’s what he said alright. Contraption and surgery.”
Upon learning that I didn’t misheard every word that the train conductor was sayin, I just started laughin. The dude behind me and I both realized what the conductor was trying to say, “Attention passengers, due to construction going on the Brown Line station and passenger surge during rush hour, please allow extra travel time!” Wtf?!? LoL!
That was lame, I know. I just thought I’d share 🙂
Ok, ok…is it time for me to panic now or what? I just checked my email a few minutes ago and found out there are 2 comments on my post waiting for approval. I log in to my account, read the comments and approved ’em. I clicked “view site” to see if the comments were there and to my dismay, it didn’t show up! Wtf?! I probably made a mistake so I check Akismet and see with my own blurry eyes if I indeed made a terrible mistake and I accidentally deleted them. Nay, it wasn’t there! What am I suppose to do now? A lot of thoughts, possibilities, and weird scenarios are now running through my head and I can’t figure out why the hell I couldn’t find those two comments that my fellow blogger icsx.wordpress.com posted? I did approved them alright and I dunno why it won’t show up on my “Isn’t he cute” post? I copy and paste the link on my browser, click the “go” aka “enter” button and why would it say that “Oops, no comments on this ID. Go back.” That is just plain stupid! Well, I dunno what to do now so lemme just copy and paste ICSX comments.
you’re blog is sooooo neat! i envy you. lolz!
thanks sobra sa pagbisita at pag-greet sa akin.
at ngayong natagpuan ko na ang blog mo , I believe I’m going to frequent here as often as I can. Thanks uli.
“horrific, violent, morbid and bloody movies”
I hate them too. My knees tremble after I try to watch one of those kinds.
So there, I’ve finally vented out my frustration. My apologies to icxs.wordpress.com. I’ll try to figure out what happened earlier lol. I better eat breakfast muna or I’ll stay cranky all day long. Mahirap mag-blog pag gutom lol* Thanks a lot for the visit and I’ll link you up, ok?
What a cutie pie! I mentioned in a previous post that I recently rented Ratatouille from Blockbuster and I am really glad that I did! The movie opened a whole-rat-new-world for me and throughout the movie, I didn’t feel bored watching it. In fact, I was ecstatic the whole time! If you’re like me who can’t really watch horrific, violent, morbid and bloody movies, I highly recommend this movie. I just love watching animated movies…movies that crack me up. I didn’t get the humor of Napoleon Dynamite however. I just don’t dig the nerdy character the actor was playing. I’ve watched a lot of movies and here are the few worst movies (in my own point of view!). No need to hate me peeps!
- Open Water: Really now? Why do you have to fight off sharks and just gave up everything in the end?
- Jeepers Creepers: Huh?!? Another one of those “high school themed” movie where the actors were totally trying to scare themselves to death but appear to be really faked!
- Wax: Paris Hilton? Geez, am I suppose to applaud Ms. Hilton’s forgettable scary performance? Lame story, lame actress. Period.
- Final Destination: Chop off body parts check. Stupid story lines check. Forget it.