I feel like a stupid idiot right now. I am still sick and my cold won’t go away. I think it has gotten worse after I took a shower yesterday afternoon. I don’t think it’s my fault. Was I wrong to take a shower and smell nice? I thought not! I just can’t stand myself especially when I stink and smell funky. I know I am somewhat twisted but who cares really? I am just a little bit annoyed right now because I am still sick and I can’t do nothing about it.
Actually, I know I can do something about it. I read in a Japanese manga magazine ‘Shojo Beat’ that Shoga-yu helps remedy the early stages of a cold. For the heck of it, I might just as well include all the ingredients and “how to” make Shoga-yu.
1 cup boiling water
3 thin slices fresh ginger
Juice of 1/4 lemon, strained
1 teaspoon honey
Bring one cup of water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel and slice ginger and place in a mug. Pour heated water over ginger and allow to steep for three minutes. When beverage reaches a drinkable temperature, stir in lemon juice and honey. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Pretty easy! I did this last night but I think I forgot to put lemon so when I took a sip, it was a bit odd. Never mind, I will try this one again later tonight. Well, we had our first snowstorm here in Chicago and it snowed overnight. I can absolutely see the evidence outside. My brother is sooo not gonna like it when he wakes up and find out that he’s gonna plow a ton of snow! We also had another “first” snowstorm on Saturday but it was a mix of wet snow and rain so the snow didn’t really stick on the ground. I might go out today with my sister and pose for some quick snapshots outside. I have to update my pictures on Friendster. I rarely check my Friendster account and Flicker so I don’t know. I guess I am just tired seeing all my old pics posted there.
Well, I better go back to bed first 🙂 I am such a knucklehead *lol* Only me who can laugh at my stupid jokes…pffffttt!
These are the books that I am able to take pictures of. I know they’re a lot but can you imagine that I have A LOT MORE? Some of my books are still in boxes and my Dad kept them in the basement. I just love READING! Yes, I have read them and I think I have to re-read them all over again! 🙂
Another addiction of mine is, mangolekta ng Japanese manga (comics) or anything related to Japanese animation.
Music, music, music! As you can see, nilagay ko lang ganyan cd’s k’se I am kinda tired now after all the heavy lifting (blame it on my books!) I did earlier. I also like listening to any kind of music even though I can’t understand what they’re singin’ about.
Thanks for tagging me Rhapsody! I am tagging EVERYONE around the cyberspace to do this and have some fun! 🙂
We had our first major winter storm yesterday. Believe me, it was a very difficult, treacherous, day for me. Most of you know that I don’t drive so I rely on public transportation (re: subway/elevated trains, buses or taxi cab). I first heard about the winter snowstorm warning from our local news and internet, of course. I’ve been living here in Chicago for such a long time now that I am used to the frigid temperature we usually get every year. Yesterday was not my day however.
My not-so-lucky-day started in the early morning commute. I knew from the moment that I got out of the house my day wouldn’t be so perfect as I wanted to be. Do I sound so pessimistic here? Hah! Well, my bus was late. The train wouldn’t move. When I got out of the train, I couldn’t see a damn thing because it was too cold outside and my eyeglasses…dang! Every little thing so blurry and misty! Hahaha! When I looked up on the silvery sky, it made me feel miserable and a bit lonely (misty eyed here *lol* just kidding!).
I am not going to write about how my day at work was but you bet, I was too sleepy. Looking through tinted glasses on top of a skyscraper here in downtown and longing to be outside to catch some snow and let it drop on my hands, it made me feel a little bit homesick. Well, I just had to endure a few hours of “homesickness” and go home, spend some quite time with my family and cuddle with my dog (I know that’s sad…lol). That was just a random thought and yeah enough wishful thinking.
I took a snap of what it looked outside yesterday. As you can see, I didn’t get a picture perfect shot. I was blinded by my own blurry vision (re: foggy glasses) and it wasn’t easy! Taking pictures with my camera phone in the middle of a snowstorm with my winter gear (re: gloves, earmuffs, bonnet and scarf) and not to forget my heavy boots on. Yeah, I could definetely assure you that I looked like an Alaskan eskimo. The only thing missing? Sled dogs and igloo.
And yes, that would be a real adventure readers :)….
- I woke up @ 8:00 am today with a runny nose and a nasty headache.
- I thought of going back to sleep again but I figured, I just need a shower and my headache will just go away.
- Of course, it didn’t so I just brewed coffee instead, sat on the couch, watch the news hoping some thing might enlighten me.
- Nah, I can’t understand what they were talking about. I found out that it’s gonna be chilly and windy outside.
- I left my coffee on the table and am not sure if my dog sipped a bit of it. I don’t care. My headache won’t go away.
- I went back on the kitchen, toast a half slice of Cinnamon bagel, put a little bit of hazelnut cream cheese, took a bite and I feel so sick to my stomach. I left my bagel on the table and decided to take a nap.
- I can’t sleep, bored, and I feel totally useless.
- I looked around my bedroom and every thing is a mess! Books, magazines, pens, bottled water, a roll of tissue paper, cd’s and other paraphernalia scattered all over my room! Sh*t! I have to get up and clean my room.
- While cleaning my room, I realized that I got a ton of dirty laundry, too. So, I started sorting my clothes and do my laundry.
- Down in the basement, I found my Dad and brother cleaning the basement and me being such a nice person (pfffftt!) decided to help them a little bit.
- While cleaning, I started sneezing and I felt so dizzy. I thought I might faint so I went back upstairs and took a sip of cold coffee. I was about to turn my back and check what’s going on the basement but in the blink of an eye I also realize that I have to cook.
- I don’t wanna cook and I don’t feel like cooking but I really have to cook. I forgot about the frozen turkey that I left on a huge “palanggana” to thaw.
- I finally decided that roast turkey is good enough for dinner. I don’t usually cook something like this on a daily basis because it take so much work and besides, turkey is a bit expensive but a bit cheaper since it’s holiday season.
- After preparing all the necessary ingredients, I noticed that I hadn’t turned on the radio. I didn’t like the song they were playing on the radio so I turned the radio off. After a few seconds, I turned the radio back on and clicked on the “play cd” button. Oh my gosh! Backstreet Boys! Hahaha!
- I totally and absolutely forgot that I own a Backstreet Boys cd and yes, I loved them back in the early 90s and early 2000s. Whew! Tempus fugit! Brings back memories, ya know! What the heck! Last thing I knew, I was dancing to the tune of “I Want It That Way” and “Get Another Girlfriend.”
- While dancing and checkin out my dance moves in the mirror, I once again realized that I no longer possessed my own “unique-cool-uber funky-dance moves.” Heck! I also realized that I gained another stupid pound! Grrr! What to do, what to do?
- Now that I just finished eating dinner with my uber so dysfunctional family, an idea came to my mind: I will stop eating chocolates for a whole month!
- Nice thought, you think? No!!!! I don’t think I can! What am gonna do with 2 jumbo Cadbury chocolate bars that my friend gave me? Do I have to throw it away? Of course not!
- After so much musings, whining, and ranting to myself, I once again realized that I forgot to take medicine for my headache. I forgot about my earlier bout of sneezing and I now once again sneezing non-stop. I can feel my head ache truly aches and oh my goodness…I am beat!
Guess, I better lie down and sleep. I am sick and I don’t feel like doing anything but….I am absolutely bored! I just hope that I’ll feel a little bit better tomorrow morning. Oh well, whatever.
Traveling on a train last night from work, I had some sort of a very funny moment. Rush hour @ 5:30 pm usually brings out a crowd of people. I don’t mind using public transportation since I don’t drive a car. Riding buses and subway trains are way much cheaper than purchasing gasoline almost every week. Besides, I like observing people. I know am weird but I find it really fascinating to watch people go about with their lives and yeah, kinda stressful too (sometimes). Anyway, there’s a bunch of construction projects going on the Brown Line train station so I’ll never really know when those “quirky, silly, sometimes-humor-me-situation happen. I may sound whiny but hey, I am just human and I have feelings too (lol* that was unnecessary!). Hmm, well what can I say? Living here in the States taught me a lot of things about people, places, cultures and yes, Chicago is the best city in the world (yeah! Go Bears!).
On a frequent train ride, I would just usually ignore people, read a book and listen to my teeny-weeny “cell radio”. I love listening to B96 btw and DJ Flipside’s 5 pm Live Mix show surely rocks! Anyway, I don’t really like it when people talk so loud on their cellphone….ya know enough for everyone to hear their “private” conversations. There’s this guy behind me who keeps on blabbing nonstop about his sexcapades with god-knows-who and I just totally felt uncomfortable. I can’t help myself but listen because even though my headphones were totally blastin’ my ears, I could still hear the dude behind me. I know it’s rude for me to tell him to shut up so I just tried my best to ignore this puckwit.
But of course, I couldn’t! I can’t even concentrate on the book that I was reading. The hell with it! Suddenly, I heard the conductor announcing something and yeah, I really had to listen carefully and I got a little bit confused ‘coz I thought I heard him say the words “contraption and surgery.” And I was like, okay…what’s going on? Though I know that I am a little bit pissed with the dude behind me but I just have to confirm what I heard and so I asked him, “What did he say? I thought I heard him say “contraption” and “surgery”. The dude replied, “That’s what he said alright. Contraption and surgery.”
Upon learning that I didn’t misheard every word that the train conductor was sayin, I just started laughin. The dude behind me and I both realized what the conductor was trying to say, “Attention passengers, due to construction going on the Brown Line station and passenger surge during rush hour, please allow extra travel time!” Wtf?!? LoL!
That was lame, I know. I just thought I’d share 🙂
JULY: Fun to be with. Secretive.
Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Likes to be quiet. Homely person. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Prone to having stomach and dieting problems. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.
Rhap: Sorry, I just copied this one from your post. I agree. Nakana mo masyado yung personality ko. I
highlighted, and bold the ones that I think best “described” me. Basta, ako yan mga nabanggit mo! And to think that my birth month is July. Aww.
The morning after you left
I stand alone by my window,
You never looked back.
I grasp the chance to
Call your name and
Hear your voice
For one last time,
But you didn’t hear me.
I thought of running,
Screaming on top of
My lungs but to no avail.
It seems hopeless now
And I shiver.
I hear nothing as I took
my last breath,
The morning after